Create your own journey; Experience the best of Northern Spain at your own pace
Explore History and Hidden Treasures: 3 Nights in Madrid and 3 in UNESCO Cities at Parador Hotels
- 505 Km
- 6 nights
- DifficultyiNOTE: nowhere, in any Camino, will steep cliffs be found next to path!
1: Very easy. Flat and without significant gradients. Good and normally wide paths.
2: Easy. Slightly hilly. Good and normally wide paths.
3: Medium. Hilly, possibly with longer distances between service facilities/cities. Good, sometimes narrow paths.
4: Medium/Hard. Longer, steeper climbs, perhaps with few servicefacilities/cities. Good, sometimes narrow paths.
5: Hard. Long gradient(s), possibly few facilities. Very hilly. Good, sometimes narrow paths.
- Request Quote
Choose between train or car rental when visiting the three enchanting and unique cities: Alcalá de Henares, Segovia, and Salamanca.
Experience the charm of Madrid with tapas, famous museums, and exciting shopping. Watch a football match or enjoy the city's exquisite restaurants and feel the heart of Spain! The carefully selected hotel is extremely central, a bit away from the tourist stream, but surrounded by cozy tapas bars, making it the perfect starting point.
After three nights in Madrid, three nights await at Parador hotels in three historic cities near Madrid. Car rental for four days or a bus/train ticket between the cities is included.
(1) Salamanca is one of Spain's most beautiful cities, explore Plaza Mayor and the two cathedrals. The city is home to one of Europe's oldest and most prestigious universities, founded in 1218. And don't forget to try the famous Iberian ham.
(2) Segovia, famous for its Roman aqueduct and UNESCO-protected old town, allows you to experience the fairy-tale Alcázar castle and enjoy local dishes like suckling pig and lamb. The Parador hotel in Segovia offers a magnificent view.
(3) The rich history of Alcalá de Henares is reflected in its architecture and gastronomy. The Parador hotel is located in the heart of the old town with excellent spa and wellness facilities.
A deep journey into the soul of Spain, where you will visit some of the country's most beautiful cities. Enjoy Spanish specialties like ham and wine, and experience the varied nature. In our personal guidebook, we recommend and describe both restaurants, routes, and special experiences in the cities.
If you wish for more nights or a different order, as always, we are flexible in arranging the tour exactly to your desire!
- 6 nights: 3 in Madrid and 3 nights in 3 differerent Parador Hotels.
- 6 x breakfasts
- Car rental 3 days** (Ford Fiesta or similar) OR bus/train connection between cities (please tell us your preferred option when booking the tour).
- Spain-is-Mores digital travel Guidebook.
- 24/7 assistance and help.
- Departure on thursday or Sunday.
- *Bus/train is included between bus/trainstations. Not from bus/trainterminals to hotel.
- **One-way fee for picking up the car in the city centre of Madrid and deliver in airport is not included. Must be paid at pick-up. Additional driver can be booked at pick-up.
- Personalise your trip: Extended stays, transportation to startingpoint from anywhere in the world and back, add interesting and authentic experiences etc. Please ask us, we will be happy to assist you.
- Car rental: Please, ask for price, if you prefer a different category.
- Extension of stay in Madrid or elsewhere can be arranged.
- Cancellation insurence: 6% of total price (can be added when ordering).
Explore History and Hidden Treasures: 3 Nights in Madrid and 3 in UNESCO Cities at Parador HotelsFrom670 EUR/pers.Single room supplement: 170 EUR
Explore History and Hidden Treasures: 3 Nights in Madrid and 3 in UNESCO Cities at Parador HotelsDetailed itinerary (view all days )Day 1-3: Madrid
Arrival in Madrid and check-in at the charming and central 4-star hotel.
Example Day 1: Experience the many exciting and diverse places in Madrid. Madrid is a modern metropolis with approximately 5 million inhabitants that also holds a wonderful historic center full of atmosphere. Three days in Madrid can offer a variety of experiences; it all depends on your personal tastes and preferences.
Today you could spend your time getting an overview of the city by starting with a tour of the historic city centre starting at the Plaza Mayor and Puerta del Sol where the city begins to unfold. Here you can enjoy the day in a very Spanish manner in the tapas bars that you will find in the neighbourhood of La Latina and perhaps chose to end your day by watching a flamenco show in the evening.
Example Day 2: This city is world famous for its museums such as El Prado being one of the world’s absolute finest. At the Reina Sofia Museum you won't want to miss Picasso's enormously famous and large "Guernica." If you do not spend the whole day at the museums, there are lots of other attractive options. Experience the many upbeat and classy stores in Madrid, ranging from the fashionable, expensive boutiques at Calle de Serrano to the more creative and alternative stores in the boroughs of Chueca and Malasaña. Whether or not you are a football lover, one of the world´s most important 'football sanctuaries' is found in Madrid, since it is the home of the Real Madrid football team and the Estadio Santiago Bernabeau, whose museum is also worth visiting.
Example Day 3: Madrid is the city of opportunity. How about a visit to one of Madrid's beautiful parks, laze around Retiro or Casa Campo. If you prefer more action you can visit Warner Brothers pendent to Disney World, located just outside the city. Madrid is full of surprices and there are always exciting new corners to explore.Day 4: Salamanca
The rental car can be picked up early in the morning after which the tour continues to Salamanca. This old university city is just like one big museum and the many students make sure that this is never a boring place. The city holds, among other things, one of the most beautiful squares in Spain.Day 5: Segovia
The tour goes southeast to the city of Segovia. Here you will find the world famous and UNESCO world heritage Roman aquviaduct and an athmospheric old town. A great city to explore and enjoy and the view from the Castle Alcázar is amazing. The castly inspired Disney to the faritale of Snowwhite.
The area is known for its 'cuchinillo' which are small pigs, coocked to perfection. Dont miss this traditional meal.Day 6: Alcalá de Henares
The tour continues to the historic city of Alcalá de Henares, which is situated east of Madrid. The city is birthsplace for Spain's most famous writer, Miguel de Cervantes and the old historic town is full of churches, monestaries and beautiful historic buildings.Day 7: Departure
Departure from Madrid.
Other similar trips
Camino Lebaniego: 6 days of hiking through the heart of Picos de Europa
3 days along the Cantabrian coast and 3 days in the Picos de Europa.
10 days / 9 nights
From 690 EUR/pers.
Camino dos Faros - 'The Lighthouse Experience' Tour
150 km from Ponteseco to Finisterre along the Costa de la Muerte
8 days / 7 nights
From 640 Euros/pers.
Camino (St. James way) for Kids (Laredo - Llanes)
Family Adventure on the Northern Way (Camino del Norte)
10 days / 9 nights
From 980 EUR /pers.
What do our customers say
Walk and Talk on the Camino.
Walk and Talk is not only effective as a meeting format at your workplace. Book a Camino journey and experience a new way of expressing yourself with the help of the nature...
5 reasons to walk the Camino Lebaniego.
Do you know the pilgrimage route 'Camino Lebaniego' that goes from the Bay of Biscay to the national park Picos de Europa in Cantabria? Not? Then this article is for you - we also give you 5 reasons why you should go check it out before everyone else does.